News

Nine asks viewers if Big Brother Australia should return

- Posted on December 19 2015 at 07:34pm

Big Brother Australia 2014

Big Brother Australia fans have been offered a glimmer of hope on its future after an official poll was launched to determine whether Channel Nine should bring it back.

Bosses have quietly launched a new vote on Nine’s official Big Brother website, asking: “Would you like to see Big Brother return to Channel 9?”

At the time of writing, a whopping 95% of voters have said ‘yes’, with the other 5% picking ‘no’.

Although the poll may ultimately prove to be pointless, its seemingly random publication earlier this week – over one year after the website was last updated – suggests that talks are still ongoing over the show’s future.

A recent report claimed that “early conversations” between Nine and producers Endemol Shine had begun with a view to bringing BBAU back – but fans were concerned when the broadcaster failed to include the show in its Upfronts 2016 presentation to advertisers.

Nine currently holds the rights to air Big Brother in Australia for one more year. In August, programming boss Andrew Backwell said: “We have no plans to bring it back at this stage, it is however still in consideration so we are certainly not ruling it out.”

A shorter Celebrity run was considered for this year, but was ultimately canned in favour of a Celebrity Apprentice revival – which bombed in the ratings.

If you do want to see Big Brother return to Channel Nine, make sure you head to its website and vote yes in the poll – click here!



Like this? Read these...


No comments on this article


    Add a comment

    Comment with a bbspy Profile: Log In Sign Up
    Comment Avatar

    (required, kept private)
    :wink: :up: :tongue: :straight: :shock: :sad: :heart: :happy: :grin: :envy: :down: :doh: :cry: :conf:
    ?

    By posting your comment you acknowledge and agree to our comment rules.
    Click here to find out how to get an avatar!