Sam Evans wins Big Brother 2013 Secrets & Lies final

38 comments - Posted on August 19 2013 at 11:18pm

Big Brother 2013 Secrets And Lies final - winner Sam Evans

Part-deaf Welsh stockroom assistant Sam Evans has been crowned the winner of Big Brother 2013 Secrets & Lies, beating Dexter Koh.

The 23-year-old walked out of the show’s famous house with the £100,000 jackpot prize in tonight’s grand final, having been the bookies’ favourite to triumph for much of the nine-week series.

He received unanimous cheers from the crowd as he posed for press photos, before heading in to the studio for his exit interview.

“I can’t believe it, honestly, I’m lost for words,” he told presenter Emma Willis. “I’m trying to think of a comparison but I can’t. Oh my God. I’m shaking.”

Speaking about why he thought he’d connected with the public, Sam suggested: “I think maybe cause I’m willing to stick up for myself even though sometimes I’m in the wrong. I always stick by my point. I won’t let people twist my mind. I hope to God I’ve been entertaining.

“A lot of times I always missed something. When someone tells me after I’ve had a bit of a rant, they say ‘did you not understand that bit’, I’m like, ‘bloody hell, I got that wrong’.

“But with the Dexter situation I knew exactly what was going on.”

Elaborating on his rocky relationship with the celebrity publicist, Sam said: “From the first night he kind of ignored me and stuff.

“I tried my best to get to know him and stuff but he let me down, he told me a few things related to gameplaying and in the end it didn’t make any sense, especially when he had the chance to steal the money. For me it sounded like he was trying to steal a high amount either way.”

The Llanelli resident was then quizzed on his sudden confession of love to close friend Gina Rio last night. “I can explain myself. I was steaming!” he joked.

“It was true like, I do have a really good connection with Gina, if I ever did have a girlfriend I’d want to have that connection, really good conversation that just flows.”

Sam also revealed what he’d do with his money, claiming: “I said this in there, I’ll give 25% to charity, I’ll give 25% to my mother, family and friends, and I’ll put 50% towards my future so I’m secure, to make sure I’m comfortable.”

At the end of the show, he was joined by the ex-housemates as he headed back out in to the crowd, amid a barrage of confetti and sparks.

Meanwhile, iconic narrator Marcus Bentley revealed that Sam was close to being booted out of the house in the last eviction on Friday, with only 2% of the vote saving him.

Browse our picture gallery of the Big Brother 2013 final below:

> Big Brother 2013 final results: Dexter comes second
> Big Brother 2013 final results: Gina comes third
> Big Brother 2013 final results: Jack and Joe come fourth
> Big Brother 2013 final results: Charlie comes fifth
> Play our Big Brother 2013 Secrets & Lies quiz

1. DavidH says:
    Tue 20 Aug Reply !

Every HM evicted except Gina slagged off Dexter, they still never got the game show point of it all. Dexter and Gina evolved and played a good game. Sam got bogged down in Callums footsteps and never showed the real him, the Twins were just silly camp squabblers and God how they hated being nominated.
    Unfortunately the twits will probably be the next Jedward for a while, heaven help us all

2. DavidH says:
    Tue 20 Aug Reply !

The BOT presenters and Emma should have remained neutral. It’s up to guests to voice an opinion not the hosts govern the mood towards certain HMs

3. Loyal_BBFan says:
    Tue 20 Aug Reply !

Big Brother final attracts nearly 2 million viewers, up from last year

The Big Brother 2013 final brought almost 2 million viewers to Channel 5 on Monday (August 19), overnight data reveals.

Emma Willis announced the runners-up to 1.99 million (9.1%) at 9pm, with a further 109,000 (0.7%) watching on Channel 5 +1. Sam Evans’s triumph brought in 1.67m (15.2%) at 11pm (67k/1.2% on +1).

This is up from last year’s final, which was seen by 1.5m (6.9%).

4. Maggiegrant says:
    Wed 21 Aug Reply !

@jennyjuniper
    SHAME ON U MAYBE UR BE USEING A HEARING AID SOMEDAY GET A LIFE KNOW B.B. ENDED WONT HAVE 2 UR SILLY STORY SAM THE KING

5. margaret emmerson says:
    Wed 21 Aug Reply !

So Sam won and that is that. Congratulations to him.
    I wanted Dexter to win but he didn’t and I can get over that.
    I didn’t understand Emmas begrudging attitude towards Dexter on Monday though. Whats her problem? She was nice to everybody else. (I used to like her till then.)
    He did nothing to deserve her trying to rain on his parade.
    So glad many people supported him. He’s a good guy.
    What was all the devious Dexter memorabilia dragged out for by Charlie, Sam and the twins. Had they nothing else to bring to the table?
    That showed lack of character on their part and brought home the ‘them and us’ mentality Dexter had had to cope with, which he did admirably.
    The bad clips put together were as bad as seeing the made up rap conjured up by the rest of the house mates whilst Dexter was in the diary room. Mean thing to do, I thought.
    I suspect Sam will have a few surprises when he watches the events for himelf and isnt being swayed by Callums voice over. Callum did portray the events to his own advantage when discussing all things Dexter with Sam.
    Not fair on either party.
    Things were made tough for Dexter in the house with constant sniping at him but his inner stregnth and character shone through.
    Well done Dexter…You are a Man, my son. A very decent man.

6. Maybee says:
    Wed 21 Aug Reply !

@margaret emmerson
    Yes, well said, what an excellent summary.

Wed 21 Aug Reply !

@margaret emmerson
    Couldn’t have put it better myself, apart from the congratulations to Sam the sham (I’m not as nice as you unfortunately) :grin:

8. ste says:
    Wed 21 Aug Reply !

@Maggiegrant
    Sam won so why dont u stop slagging off fans who liked dexter..i think its about time for your nappy change..

9. rosie says:
    Wed 21 Aug Reply !

@margaret emmerson
    :up: Another brilliant summary! Loved your one on Dexter too!!

10. Mikki says:
    Thu 22 Aug Reply !

Perhaps if you had shown more of the real Sam you would not have got this result – the potty mouthed 23 year old who talks about fannies and gashes the nasty outburst and tantrums – and playing the diability card to death. After last years brilliant individuals who took part in the paraolympics showing us what they had to deal with never once showing us the difficulties and we were all stunned at the achievements energetic driven individuals who took on things we could never do and it was spell binding and opened the world to how blind we were before. He one on looking like “harry styles” not and today he is even quoted as saying he can sing better than them Who is he a role model for being 23 doing nothing sitting on a chair being rude and crude and expecting to pick up the 100k – Arrogant attitude to Dex even at the end – he is not winner might have got the money – but he has not got admiration – Dex got that for 10 weeks of shit from everyone in there almost and still came out dignified – Gina too turned it all around – and the Ginxsters made the show and are the rightful King and Queen – shame BB chose to give them some bad edits – and BBBOTS rammed the unfunny twins down our throats. kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

11. Maybee says:
    Thu 22 Aug Reply !

@Mikki
    Well said :up: Exactly :up:

12. giula regan says:
    Thu 29 Aug Reply !

Finally someone that actually watched the show, Margaret Emerson, unlike some other Margaret I saw somewhere. You are spot on about all the stupid untrue comments on Dexter and I agree about Emma and others as well. Glad someone is not asleep :up:

13. giulia regan says:
    Thu 29 Aug Reply !

I quite likeSam, but well done nothing ,because instead of trying to understand what was going on, he stood back “drunk every Callum words and then went on to bad mouth poor Dexter front and back still having understood not much till the end. :down: